- 250 g Woolworths dried rice noodles
- 6 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1 T canola oil
- Woolworths prepared garlic, ginger and chilli cubes, 1/2 each cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 g mint, torn
- 15 g basil, torn
- 1 t chives, chopped
- 100 g spring onions, roughly chopped
- 5 g peanuts, roasted and chopped
- roasted chilli, for sprinkling
- For the dressing, whisk:
- 3 T fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 t sesame oil
- 2 limes, juiced
1. Submerge the noodles in boiling water and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and cool immediately.
2. Heat the oil in a wok until smoking hot. Add the eggs. Do not stir until the eggs start to puff up at the edges, then stir quickly for 30 seconds to 1 minute and set aside.
3. Add a little more oil to the same wok, then add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute. Add the dressing, noodles, water and toss with the eggs and remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
Cook’s note: If you don’t want to puff-fry the eggs separately, fry the noodles and remaining ingredients, then push them to one side of the pan. Break the eggs into the hot pan and scramble into the noodles. Serve piping hot out of the pan.