- 1 farm loaf or ciabatta, thickly sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- English mustard, for spreading
- 200 g cooked gammon, thinly sliced
- 100 g Woolworths sliced pickled beetroot
- 10 ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 70 g wild rocket, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Lightly toast the bread in a drizzle of olive oil in a medium to hot pan until crunchy and golden.
Generously spread one side of each slice of bread with mustard, top with the gammon, beetroot, tomatoes and wild rocket, top with another slice of bread, repeat the layers and finish with a final slice of bread to create a triple-decker sandwich.
Chef's note: “I must admit to slicing this impressive sandwich in half and sharing it.”