- 2 large oranges, boiled for an hour
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 x 385 g can condensed milk
- Optional additions:
- A pinch of salt
- blueberries, for serving
- icing sugar mixed with a little water, to drizzle
1. Zest one orange and set aside.
2. Boil both oranges in water for 45 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a 22 cm x 11 cm loaf tin.
4. Halve and seed the oranges, then blitz in a blender until smooth.
5. Whisk the puréed orange with the flour and condensed milk. Add a pinch of salt. Pour into the loaf tin and drop in a handful of blueberries, if using.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool, then drizzle with icing and dust with the orange zest.
This recipe was inspired by Good Housekeeping UK. We added blueberries, salt and a little icing for a slightly more complex twist.
Photographs: Katharine Pope