- 2 blocks firm tofu (about 220g each)
- Fresh bean sprouts, for garnishing
- For the barbecue sauce
- 60 ml Chinese barbecue sauce
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large chunk fresh ginger, grated
- 60 ml sesame oil
- 30 ml soy sauce
- For the vegetable noodles
- 350 g Chinese hokkien or egg noodles
- 750 g mixed greens (tender-stem broccoli, asparagus and mangetout are good)
- For the dressing
- 125 ml peanut oil
- 30 ml sesame oil
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 45 ml soy sauce
- 30 ml rice vinegar
- 10 ml honey
Mix together all the ingredients for the sauce.
Drain the tofu then pat dry. Cut into chunks and mix with the barbecue sauce.
Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray lined with nonstick baking paper and slide under a hot grill until browned and starting to catch.
Drop the noodles and prepared vegetables into a large saucepan of boiling salted water.
Cook until the noodles are tender and the vegetables are just cooked, then drain.
Blend the dressing ingredients and pour over the prepared vegetables. Check seasoning.
To serve: Turn the vegetable noodles into a bowl or onto a platter and top with the grilled tofu. A
dd a handful of fresh sprouts.