- 200 g frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 t mild Peppadew relish
- 150 g exotic cherry tomatoes
- 100 g asparagus tips
- 100 g herbed goat’s cheese, sliced
- Thyme a few sprigs
- 5 g basil chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Crimson microherbs, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C and place the pastry on a floured surface. Spread the relish over the pastry, leaving a 2 cm border. Place the tomatoes, asparagus, cheese and herbs in the centre of the pastry and season to taste. Use your fingers to crimp the edges of the pastry.
Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and bake for 15–20 minutes. Garnish with the microherbs before serving.
This recipe first appeared in the May 2015 issue of TASTE Magazine.