- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1t ground cumin
- 1t ground paprika
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, quartered
- 250g baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2t garlic, minced
- 2T fresh basil, chopped
- Handful fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Pinch of salt
1. Add 2T of the olive oil to a large non-stick frying pan on medium to high heat.
2. Add the chickpeas and ground spices, toss well and fry until the chickpeas are crispy, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove and set aside in a large mixing bowl to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and the remaining olive oil.
5. Toss well to coat and marinate the tomatoes and chickpeas.
6. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with extra chopped basil.
7. Serve immediately.