- 250–300 g penne or spaghetti
- 125 g beech-smoked bacon, chopped
- 400 g baby rosa tomatoes
- 4 t balsamic vinegar
- ½ t chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 feta disc, crumbled
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and diced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- rocket leaves, to garnish
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
Meanwhile, heat the a large frying pan, add the bacon and fry until cooked. Add the tomatoes, vinegar and chilli, if using and simmer until the tomato skins split.
Stir through the feta and remove from the heat. Season to taste, toss with the drained pasta and add the avocado.
Serve in individual bowls, garnished with rocket.
Cook’s note: Leave out the chilli if you prefer, and add a handful of rocket.
This recipe was created by TASTE reader Cheryl Wood for the November 2011 Readers’ issue of TASTE magazine. For all our readers’ recipes, as well as restaurants, books, gadgets and wines chosen by TASTE readers, visit our readers’ issue page.