- For the mint pesto:
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- 100 g Parmesan, grated
- 50 g pistachio nuts
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- For the tomato carpaccio:
- 500 g ripe but firm vine tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- flaked sea salt, to taste
- 50g pistachio nuts, chopped, for garnishing
To make the mint pesto: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for a second or two to make a coarse paste. Add a little more olive oil if necessary.
To prepare the tomato carpaccio: Soak the tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute. Strain and submerge in cold water then soak for 2 minutes. Remove from the water, pat dry with a cloth then remove the skin with a small paring knife. Slice the tomatoes in half then scoop out the flesh. Carefully flatten each tomato on a flat surface then slice through horizontally. Place on a large serving platter and serve with dollops of pesto and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, generously sprinkled with fl aked sea salt and garnished with chopped pistachio nuts.
Per serving: 1046.9kJ, 9.8g protein, 20.2g fat, 8.7g carbs