- 500 g Woolworths Italian potato gnocchi
- 400 g Woolworths venison sausage
- 400 g broccoli
- 5 g rosemary sprigs
- 6 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes a pinch
- Parmesan, coarsely grated, for sprinkling
- rocket, lightly dressed with oil and vinegar, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Turn the gnocchi into a large, well-oiled baking tray, spreading it into a single layer. Cut the sausage into 2–5 cm chunks and add to the tray.
2. Trim the broccoli stems, then separate into florets and add to the tray. Tuck in the rosemary sprigs.
3. Mix the olive oil with the garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes. Spoon over the gnocchi and broccoli, then bake for 15 minutes. Stir and return to the oven for 5–10 minutes until everything is cooked and starting to catch. Check the seasoning. Add a liberal sprinkling of Parmesan at the table and serve with the rocket.
Cook's note: “This recipe stars Woolies’ Italian potato gnocchi and venison sausage, which has a wonderful rich flavour. It’s as good as it gets for an easy weekday supper.”
Photograph: Toby Murphy
Production: Brita Du Plessis
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira