- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- 30 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 x 170 g Woolworths chunk light meat tuna in brine cans, drained
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 free-range egg whites
- 125 g bacon, roughly chopped
- Green beans, blanched, for serving
- Italian parsley, for serving
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Mix the egg yolks, cream, milk, parsley and tuna in a large mixing bowl and season to taste.
Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold the egg whites into the tuna mixture.
Add half the bacon, reserving the remaining half for serving. Fill 6 individual greased ovenproof ramekins or tart cases with a cup of the mixture, then bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the egg has set. Place the remaining bacon on a tray and bake with the tartlets for 20–30 minutes, or until crispy, then sprinkle over the cooked savoury tarts. Serve with crunchy green beans and garnish with Italian parsley.