- 1 packet 500 grams Woolworths Penne Pasta
- 2 cans Woolworths Tuna in Vegetable Oil
- 2 sprigs Woolworths Fresh Rosemary (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Fresh Chives (finely chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons Woolworths White Cake Flour
- 3-4 tablespoons Woolworths Mediterranean Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter (Melted)
- 2 cups 250 ml Fresh Milk or Cream
- 4 Large ripe tomatoes (grated)
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 4-5 Fresh Garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- According to taste Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Woolworths Creamy Gouda Cheese (Grated)
- 2-3 Bayleaves ( Fresh or Dried)
Cooking Instructions for Tuna Chutney:
Saute' onions in the vegetable oil from the tuna and olive oil.
Add grated garlic, grated tomatoes, salt, sugar, cayenne pepper, black pepper, chopped rosemary and cook on medium to high heat until a thick chutney forms.
Then add the rest of the tuna and stir until incorporated into the tomatoe chutney.
Cooking Instructions for Penne Pasta:
In a large pot bring 3 litres of water to the boil and add salt to taste.
Add pasta to boiling water and stir occasionally
Cook rapidly for approximately 8-10 minutes until 'al dente or slightly softer.
Drain in a colander and add the hot pasta to cooked tuna chutney.
Cooking Instructions for Bechamel (White) Sauce :
Melt butter and olive oil together on low to medium heat.
Add equal parts white cake flour to the the melted butter and oil mixture. Stir briskly until cooked to form a roux. Now slowly add fresh milk or cream, stirring continuously using a metal whisk. Mixture will start to thicken and get a velvety consistency. Stir in black pepper, salt, nutmeg, bay leaves and chopped rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes on heat reduced to low. The sauce is cooked once it appears shiny. Take off the heat once cooked and remove the bayleaves.
In a large glass baking dish lace the tuna chutney and cooked pasta mix in olive oil before layering with warm béchamel sauce. Top with grated creamy gouda cheese and chopped chives. Bake for 4-5 minutes in a preheated (180 degrees celsius) oven until cheese melts.
Serving instructions: Serve hot on its own or with a light green salad. Drizzle with extra olive oil if desired.