- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 400 g chickpeas can, drained
- 1 t paprika
- 1⁄2 t chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- Chargrilled rustica bread, sliced, for serving
- 4 T plain thick yoghurt
- Fresh coriander, for serving
- Radishes, sliced, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g leftover Woolworths hot-smoked salmon
Heat the olive oil in a small pan and add the chickpeas, paprika, chilli flakes and garlic and fry gently for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Break each egg into a cup, then bring a small saucepan of water and the vinegar to a slow simmer.
Swirl the water using a spoon, then carefully drop an egg into the water and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until the white is firm but the yolk is still soft. Lift out using a slotted spoon. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
Serve the eggs with the toast, a spoonful of yoghurt, spicy chickpeas, coriander and radishes. Season to taste and top with the flaked leftover salmon.