- 3 T coconut oil
- 2 t ground cumin, lightly toasted
- 2 t ground coriander, lightly toasted
- 1 T fresh turmeric, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 x 297 g box tofu, cubed
- 20 g coconut chunks, finely grated
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 T black sesame seeds
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- Lemon wedges. for serving
Heat the coconut oil in a nonstick pan over a medium heat. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
Add the cabbage and coconut cream and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft but with a slight bite. Remove from the heat.
Coat the tofu in the black sesame seeds. Heat the remaining coconut oil in a nonstick pan over a high heat. Brown the tofu on all sides.
Place the cabbage on a serving dish, top with the tofu and garnish with the coconut and chilli. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Cook's note: Powdered turmeric is nothing new – you’ve been using its peppery taste in curries for years – but the fresh root is making waves for its extra-punchy flavour. It’s also packed with antioxidants such as curcumin.