- 2 kg Woolworths Everyday potatoes, peeled and cut into even chunks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g butter
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 sprigs rosemary
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and add a generous pinch of salt. Simmer for 15–20 minutes, or until a knife pierces them easily, but not so soft that they fall apart.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C and place a large baking tray in the oven to heat up. Drain the potatoes, then season well with salt.
3. Heat the butter, olive oil and rosemary in the same pan in which you boiled the potatoes while it’s still warm. Add the potatoes, cover with a lid and gently shake the pan to coat in the butter and olive oil.
4. Tip out onto the preheated tray and roast, uncovered, for 60–90 minutes, turning occasionally. Once golden and crisp, remove from the oven and drain. Serve immediately sprinkled with sea salt.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy