- For the carrot chips:
- 500 g carrots, sliced into long strips
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 t cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 T honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Woolworths ultimate hamburger rolls
- 4 Woolworths spinach, sweetcorn and butter bean burger patties
- red onion, sliced, for serving
- watercress, for serving
- yoghurt or mayonnaise, for serving
- For the green tahini, blend:
- 3 T Woolworths tahini
- ½ garlic clove
- 10 g coriander
- 10 g basil
- 1 T red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C. Toss the carrots in the olive oil, cumin and honey and roast for 20 minutes until just catching and tender. Shake the pan occasionally –they should be sticky and slightly crisp but not soft.
2. Toast the rolls and pan-fry the burger patties in a pan with olive oil for a few minutes on each side. Assemble the burgers with the remaining ingredients.
Cook's Note: If you don’t have time to make the carrots from scratch, use Woolworths’ frozen root vegetable chips.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Ellen Schwerdtfeger