- 8 nectarines
- 100 g sugar
- 3 T honey
- 1 cup water
- 4 T Woolworths prosecco vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- 2 x 80 g Woolworths almond, hazelnut and coffee granola pots
1. Cut a cross into the base of each nectarine, then set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients except the ice cream and granola into a large saucepan and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the nectarines, then cover with a piece of baking paper and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the fruit from the poaching liquid and allow to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove the skins. Serve topped with the ice cream and granola.
Photograph: Myburgh Du Plessis
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom, Keletso Motau & Mogau Seshoene