- 2 x 390 g cans artichoke hearts in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 5–6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup Grana Padano (or any other hard cheese), grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- baguette or ciabatta, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix all the ingredients and spread in a shallow, ovenproof dish (I used a round quiche dish) and place in the oven, uncovered, for 20–25 minutes or until golden on top.
Season and serve with toasted baguette or rustic chunks of warm ciabatta and sliced spring onion.
Cook's note: Feel free to add more artichokes and less mayo, if you prefer.