- 3 brinjals (about 600g)
- 1 head garlic
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T chermoula paste
- 2 cups good quality chicken or vegetable stock
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley
- Pomegranate molasses, to drizzle
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Baby salad leaves, to serve
- Canned chickpeas, drained, to serve
Preheat the oven to 250ºC.
Brush the brinjals and garlic with oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until the fruit has collapsed.
Spoon the flesh into a blender and squeeze the garlic flesh from the skins. Blend until smooth. Place in a pan with the chermoula paste and stock. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the parsley and lemon juice.
To serve, drizzle with the pomegranate molasses and olive oil, and garnish with the salad leaves and chickpeas.
Per serving: 697.4kJ, 1.5g protein, 12.7g fat, 6.1 carbs
Brinjals like being turned into dips and purées. This is a Moorish-style dip for which the brinjals are roasted before being puréed.