- To make carrot and basil rice:
- 1 cup fresh carrot and apple juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- To make carrot and apple soup:
- 2 cups carrot and apple juice
- 1 packet fresh carrots, peeled
- 2 apples, sliced into wedges
- 12 rehydrated apricots
- 10 fresh basil leaves
To make the carrot and basil ice:
Place a sheet of tin foil down on a flat surface. Fold the sides up and pour the juice into the foil. Place the basil leaves into the juice.
Place the remaining sheet over and press down flat, touching the surface of the juice.
Fold the sides over the first sheet, to prevent the juice from running out. Carefully place into the freezer to form an ice sheet.
To make carrot and apple soup:
Pour juice into a pot. Add carrots, apple, apricots and basil and poach slowly until soft.
Serve into bowls.
Remove ice from freezer and quickly peel ice away from foil.
Break into four chunks and place on the side over the soup.