- 2 x 250 g tubs fresh ricotta
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 ripe peaches, thinly sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven grill to very hot.
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, chilli, garlic and coriander. Spoon into four ramekins and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
Grill for 5 to10 minutes, or until golden in colour.
Distribute the basil leaves among six plates. Scatter with the peach slices. Serve with the ricotta ramekins and season to taste.
This fabulous starter pairs wonderfully with the seared calamari steaks (see recipe below).