- 250 g strawberries, sliced into strips
- 2 duck breasts (about 500g)
- 8-12 whole spring onions (optional)
- Sunflower oil for deep-frying
- Wild rocket for garnishing
- For the marinade, mix together:
- 1/4 cup Turkish-fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons verjuice
- Sea salt
- Milled pepper
Steep the strawberries in the marinade for 15 minutes, then strain, reserving the marinade.
Separate the duck meat from the skin and slice the meat into strips.
Quickly deep-fry the meat until it is just cooked and still moist.
Drain and steep in the reserved marinade.
Deep-fry the duck skin until it is crisp and golden.
Deep-fry the onions, if required.
To serve: For a home-style look, spoon the marinated strawberries onto plates. Top with warm duck meat, crispy duck skin and a tangle of spring onions (if required).
Tuck in wisps of wild rocket.
For a more elegant starter, separate the duck meat and strawberries on the plate and decorate with a drizzle of marinade.