- 6 medium-sized Mediterranean potatoes (about 700 g)
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans
- 3–4 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 T red-wine vinegar
- Flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of torn basil leaves
- Assorted cold cuts (the real Italian stuff or German, Spanish or local style), rare beef,cooked tong
Cook the potatoes until tender, then drain. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into chunks.
Drain the beans then rinse and drain again. Pat dry. In a wide, heavy, nonstick pan, heat the olive oil.
Add the potato and beans, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once or twice, until both the potatoes and the beans are crusty.
Add the vinegar, seasoning, basil and a little more oil to give it a sheen. Serve with the assorted cold cuts.
Cook’s tips: Serve with seared tuna instead of cold cuts. This dish is also good with grilled fish or chicken.
Per serving: 2129 kJ, 15.2 g protein, 28 g fat, 43.8 g carbs
A country-style potato dish makes a meal of cold cuts or leftover roasts.