- 1 brinjal, sliced in half
- 2 t garlic, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 t rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup cream or 60% reduced-fat cream
- 125 g butter
- a handful of red basil leaves (optional), plus extra for garnishing
- 125 g traditional Ayrshire Camembert
Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Rub both sides of the brinjal with 5ml (1t) garlic then season to taste. Place the brinjal and pear on an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked. In the meantime, fry the remaining garlic in a little olive oil. Add half the olives and rosemary, and stir through. Season to taste. Add the cream and transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth or slightly coarse if you like. Add the butter and basil if using.
Remove the brinjal and pear from the oven. Add the sauce to the warm plates. Place the pear and brinjal in the sauce. Heat the cheese a little in the oven or a microwave. Slice and place on the brinjal.
Garnish with extra basil leaves and the remaining olives.
Per serving: 4485.4kJ, 11.92g protein, 104.4g fat, 24.41g carbs