- 500 g free-range chicken livers
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- Sea salt and milled black pepper
- 2 heads chicory, rinsed
- 500 g baby potatoes, halved and steamed
- Shreds of salad onion for garnishing
Rinse and dry the chicken livers. Halve or quarter depending on size and trim neatly.
Place in a single layer in a baking tin. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, all the vinegar, garlic and seasoning.
Roast at 190°C for 15 minutes or until nicely browned but still pink inside.
Toss the chicory leaves and potatoes with olive oil and seasoning.
Arrange the warm chicken livers with the potatoes on four plates and spoon over the baking juices.
Tuck in chicory leaves and garnish with onion.