- 350 g spelt, cooked
- 5 free-range eggs, soft-boiled
- 400 g Woolworths peppered smoked mackerel
- ¼ cup dill, roughly chopped
- 100 g watercress
- For the Pink Lady apple vinaigrette:
- ¾ cup Woolworths Pink Lady apple juice
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 T wholegrain mustard
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the whipped goat’s cheese:
- 100 g Woolworths goat’s-milk cheese with honey
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 T activated charcoal powder (optional)
Arrange the salad ingredients on a serving platter, separately as you would for a Cobb salad.
To make the vinaigrette, place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until combined.
To make the whipped goat’s cheese, break the cheese into chunks and combine with the yoghurt. Whisk until thick and creamy. Gently marble the charcoal powder through the whisked cheese.
Serve the salad with the goat’s cheese and vinaigrette on the side.
Cook's note: I’m a big fan of smoked fish in a salad. I’ve made various versions over the years, usually involving shredded spinach, avo and egg, but this is definitely my finest version yet. The vinaigrette finishes it off perfectly.