- 250 g wholewheat penne
- 1 x 250 g ball buffalo mozzarella
- Fresh watercress, to garnish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the watercress pesto, blend:
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 25 g cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- 50 g watercress
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 T white-wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, then dress with spoonfuls of the pesto.
Top with torn mozzarella and garnish with fresh watercress. Season to taste and serve immediately.