- 150 g Woolworths bulgur wheat
- 1 x 400 g pack Woolworths pork sausages
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 t sumac
- 20 g parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10 g mint, finely chopped
- 6 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 500 g watermelon, diced
- 4 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 baby red cabbages, thinly sliced
1. Cook the bulgur wheat according to package instructions. Drain and spread out on a tray to cool.
2. Remove the sausage meat from the casings, then roll into bite- sized meatballs. Gently fry over a medium- low heat in the butter with the garlic and sumac until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat but reserve the pan juices.
3. Toss the meatballs with 1 t parsley and season. Combine the remaining ingredients, season to taste and serve with the warm meatballs.