- 1/2 loaf ciabatta, crust removed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 200 g oven-roasted almonds, skinned
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 litre iced water
- Red and white grapes, for serving
- Serrano ham, for serving
- Dark sweet sherry, for drizzling
- Smoked salt, for sprinkling
Tear the ciabatta into chunks and soak in the white wine vinegar.
Grind the almonds and garlic in a blender. Squeeze out the excess liquid from the bread and add to the blender. Pulse again, adding the olive oil.
Spoon the mixture into a large jug. Stir in a little iced water at a time, until you get the desired consistency. Chill until ready to serve.
Divide between four bowls. Halve the grapes and scatter over the gazpacho, top with torn ham, drizzle with sherry and olive oil and scatter with smoked salt.