- 250 g dried white kidney beans, cooked
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 15 g Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 15 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 T sumac
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 320 g halloumi, pan-fried
1. Place the beans in a bowl and cover with water. Soak for 12 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a saucepan of cold water and cook according to package instructions.
2. Mix the lime juice and zest with the onion and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Season and serve with the pan-fried halloumi.