- 2 litres Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 1x8 cm piece ginger, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 free-range skinless chicken fillets
- 150 g shimeji mushrooms
- 140 g mangetout
- 120 g sugar snap peas
- 6 baby marrows, sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Microgreens, to garnish
- 2 green apples, finely diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
Bring the chicken stock, ginger and garlic to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add the chicken. Poach for 10 minutes, then remove from the liquid.
Return the broth to the heat to warm through. Divide the mushrooms, mangetout, sugar snaps, baby marrows, sliced chicken and spring onion between 6 bowls.
Pour the broth over each bowl. Toss the apples with the lemon juice and chillies and spoon over the broth.
Cook's note: Need a midweek system reboot? This virtuous soup is better than a Vinyasa Flow session, in our opinion. Plus, using Woolies'organic chicken stock means it'll take less time than schlepping to the studio.