- 12 won ton wrappers
- Egg wash
- 150 g chicken mince
- 150 g pork mince
- 1 small bunch spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 shredded kaffir lime leaves or lemon leaves
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup hot water from cooking liquid
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Chopped chives
- Chopped coriander
- Sweet chilli sauce
Mix all the filling ingredients together. Dissolve brown sugar in hot water. Add the other dressing ingredients up to and including fish sauce and mix well.
Place won ton wrappers on a baking tray. Spoon approximately 1 heaped teaspoon of meat mixture into the centre of each pastry. Brush the sides of each pastry with egg wash and fold pastry over filling lightly pressing all air out.
Boil salted water with a touch of sesame oil. (Any other oil would be suitable but sesame oil adds a lot of flavour.) Cook until pastry is just cooked; it will look slightly transparent.
Spoon won tons into a deep bowl adding a tablespoon of the cooking liquid. Serve 3 per portion and add about 4 tablespoons of your dressing and cooking water to taste.
The balance should be sweet and sour and just salty enough.
Garnish with cherry tomatoes, chopped chives and a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce and top with fresh coriander.