- For the yellow curry paste, blend:
- 2 shallots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 t galangal powder
- 1 x 2 cm ginger piece, peeled and chopped
- 2 t coriander seeds
- 10 dried red chillies
- 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 2 t mild curry powder
- 2 t fresh coriander
- 1 t salt
- For the curry:
- 2 T coconut oil
- 150 g onion, finely chopped
- 2 t fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 t garlic, minced
- 40 g yellow curry paste
- 1 green chilli
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 t soya sauce
- 2 t brown or palm sugar
- 2 t rice wine vinegar
- 400 g mixed roasting vegetables, roasted
- Egg noodles, for serving
- 2 t fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, ginger and garlic until soft.
Add the curry paste and green chilli and cook for a further 5 minutes, then add the coconut milk.
Add the soya sauce, sugar and rice wine vinegar and bring to a gentle simmer. Add the vegetables and check
the seasoning. Serve with egg noodles, garnished with coriander.
Cook's note: If you’re short on time you can use Woolies’ ready-made yellow curry paste instead. The recipe will also work really well with leftover roast veggies, and couscous as a starch if noodles aren’t your thing.