240 g flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, separated
500 ml buttermilk
½ cup sunflower oil
125 g Chuckles, chopped
50 g Lindor balls, chopped
Spray and cook or melted butter, for greasing
1. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
2. Beat the egg yolks, buttermilk, oil and 2 pumps of vanilla paste.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
4. In a small, clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.
5. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate batter in three batches for even incorporation and fluffy, light waffles.
6. Heat the waffle iron until very hot and lightly grease with Spray and Cook (or brush with melted butter).
7. Using two spoons, pour the mixture into the waffle iron.
8. Sprinkle the chopped Chuckles over the batter and close the iron. Cook waffles for about 5 – 10 minutes, or until crisp and cooked through.
9. While the waffles cook, make an instant Lindor chocolate sauce. Melt your favourite Lindor flavours over a gentle heat until glossy and smooth.
10. Drizzle over warm waffles with soft whipped cream and extra chopped Chuckles.
In the mood for some chocolate? Shop for chocolate at Woolies now.