The Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary will be awarded to a student to train as a professional chef for one year at either Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town, Western Cape), Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng), or Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton, KwaZulu Natal). The scholarship will begin in 2017.
Do you think you have what it takes to become a culinary genius? Do you have a passion for food and cooking and show a keen interest in raising the standard of South Africa’s culinary industry?
MESSAGE TO APPLICANTS
Thank you for submitting your application for the Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out culinary bursary. Entries have now closed. If you have not heard from us by the 31st of October, consider your application unsuccessful.
Terms & Conditions for the 2017 Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Culinary Bursary
1. Applicants must be South African citizens.
2. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
3. Applicants must be available to start tuition from January 2017
4. Applicants must ideally show proof of prior working experience in a professional kitchen i.e. in a restaurant, shop or café as a paid employee or intern.
5. Applicants must ideally be supported by a stable home environment, family and transport arrangements.
6. Living expenses, transport costs, accommodation and personal expenses are not included in the bursary
7. The bursary winner must attend the participating school closest to their place of residence.
HOW TO APPLY
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM
1. A motivational letter of no longer than 200 words
2. Your answers to the following five questions:
- What is your favourite flavour combination and why?
- How do you think the people who work with you would describe you, and why?
- Who is your role model in the food industry and why?
- What are the latest food trends?
- From which magazines/blogs/websites do you find your inspiration?
3. A portrait (headshot) photo of yourself
4. A copy of your South African ID document