- 3 T Woolworths ghee
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 t Woolworths prepared ginger, garlic and chilli cubes of each
- 2 t coriander seeds, toasted
- 2 t cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 t green cardamom
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 450 g Woolworths frozen hake medallions
- 250 g Greek yoghurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- brown rice, for serving
- rotis, toasted, for serving
- fresh pineapple, sliced, for serving
1. Heat the ghee in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft.
2. In a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic, ginger, chillies, coriander, cumin and green cardamom until a paste forms. Add the paste and the poppy seeds to the sautéed onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the hake and fry until the one side is slightly brown, then remove from the pan. Add the yoghurt to the pan and heat through, then season.
4. Return the hake to the pan and cook over a low heat for 10–15 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve hot with the brown rice, rotis and pineapple.
Cook's note: To jazz up this easy curry, add frozen shelled prawns to the sauce and poach them for five minutes before serving.
Photograph: Andrea van der Spuy
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom