- 500 g ghee
- 500 g chickpea flour
- 500 g icing sugar
- 100 g roasted, unsalted pistachios, ground
- 275 g full-cream milk powder
- 3 t freshly ground cardamom
- 150 g pistachios, for topping
1. Line a 23 cm square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place the ghee and chickpea flour into a large nonstick pan over a medium heat and braise until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the icing sugar, ground pistachios and milk powder. Return to the heat and stir continually until it turns a deep caramel colour.
4. Remove from the heat and mix in the cardamom. Press the mixture into the cake tin, top with the pistachios and chill to set.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistants: Kate Ferreira