- For the pomegranate dressing:
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 2 cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 lime, zested and juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 T olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 x 250 g Woolworths lightly smoked rainbow trout
- 100 g Woolworths red-and-white quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 T coriander, chopped
- 1 T mint, chopped
- 2 green chillies, sliced
Place the dressing ingredients in a food processor and blend until emulsified, adjusting the seasoning and pomegranate juice to taste if necessary.
Bring the red wine vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan, then remove from the heat
and add the sliced red onions. Set aside to cool.
Scrape out the tomato seeds and cores using a teaspoon. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the trout. Pour half of the pomegranate dressing over the trout and toss to coat. Allow to stand for 5–10 minutes.
Sprinkle the quinoa onto a large platter, top with the tomato petals, pickled red onion, coriander, mint and chilli.
Top with the trout and drizzle with any remaining dressing. Serve immediately.