- 270 g soba noodles
- 1-2 T sesame oil
- Coarsely chopped roasted peanuts, for sprinkling
- Thinly sliced cucumber, for serving
- Thinly sliced spring onion, for serving
- Fresh coriander leaves, for serving
- For the sauce, blend together
- ½ cup smooth organic peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 2 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 2 T soya sauce
- ½ cup organic vegetable stock
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 1 t palm sugar or honey
- 2 T sesame oil
Cook the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain well. Toss in the sesame oil and set aside. Just before serving, mix the noodles with the sauce.
If necessary, loosen the noodles with more stock and add more soya. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Garnish liberally with cucumber, spring onion and coriander and serve at room temperature.
Cook’s note: Add cubes of tofu or small prawns (cleaned and cooked) for extra Asian flavour.