- 2 x 500 g packs Woolworths extra-large uncooked tiger prawns
- 3 T ghee
- 1 x 150 g punnet Woolworths crushed onion
- 1 x 70 g punnet Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric
- 4 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 1 T masala powder
- 600 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- basmati rice, for serving
- poppadoms, for serving
- lime, for serving
- coriander, to garnish
- For the cucumber raita, mix:
- 6 baby cucumbers, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup plain yoghurt or coconut cream
- 10 g coriander, chopped
This creamy and delicious prawn curry is bursting with flavour and is surprisingly easy to make – thanks to the Woolies range of chopped aromatics.
1. Clean the prawns, removing the heads and shells from 1 pack, but keeping them intact with the second pack. Set aside.
2. Fry the crushed onion in 2 T ghee in a large saucepan over a medium heat, until softened.
3. Add the garlic, chilli, ginger, turmeric, curry leaves and masala powder. Cook until fragrant.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes and fry for 5 minutes, then add the coconut cream. Season to taste and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
5. Pan-fry the prawns in the remaining ghee until cooked to your liking. Stir the prawns through the coconut sauce.
6. Serve with the basmati rice, poppadoms, lime and raita. Garnish with coriander.