- 400 g sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- 500 g self-raising flour
- 1.5 cups Cocopina-flavoured Jive colddrink
- 1 x 450 g can smooth apricot jam
- 3 T water
- desiccated coconut, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the sugar, oil and eggs until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has been dissolved (you will be able to tell it’s fully dissolved when you no longer feel a crunch in the batter.)
2. Add the flour and mix using a handheld mixer or stand mixer. Do not overmix.
3. Slowly add the colddrink while mixing.
4. Divide the batter into a 12-holed muffin tray. This gives the snowballs their round shape. Bake for 12–15 minutes.
5. Mix the jam with the water and heat water and melt in a pot. Roll the snowballs in the jam while still hot, then roll in the coconut.