- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 390 g Italian crushed tomatoes
- 300 g Woolworths cooked mini beef frikkadels
- 2 T parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250 g penne pasta, cooked al dente
Gently soften the onion in the oil. Stir in the garlic, chilli and red pepper and cook for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in the frikkadels and parsley and gently heat through for a few minutes. Season to taste.
Drain the pasta but reserve the water. Mix the pasta with the sauce, adding a little pasta water if necessary to loosen.