- For the stuffing:
- 1 T olive oil
- 300 g leeks, washed and finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g brown mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 25 g dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water and roughly chopped
- 2 T sage, roughly chopped
- 500 g lean pork mince
- 2 T Woolworths truffle cream
- 2 T Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 x 800 g Woolworths pork belly roasts
- 2 t sea salt
- 500 g large carrots, halved lengthways
- 1 cup Woolworths organic liquid beef stock
Preheat the oven to 160°C. To make the stuffing, gently sauté the leeks in the olive oil over a medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add the mushrooms and sage and fry until golden brown. Cool and add the pork mince. Fold through the truffle cream and parsley. Set aside to cool.
Unroll the pork belly roasts and atten. Rub 1⁄2 t salt into the skin. Lay 2 pork bellies flat and top with the stuffing. Top with the remaining pork bellies and tie securely with string. Rub the remaining salt all over the skin.
Place the carrots in a deep roasting pan and cover with the stock. Place the pork belly on top of the carrots and roast for 1 1⁄2 hours, or until the meat is tender and the skin is golden and crisp.