1. Orange halves that have been juiced can be frozen and the zest used later in cooking or for citrus syrups.
2. Stale bread can be blended to make fine breadcrumbs and stored in the freezer. Stale baguette is perfect for a traditional panzanella salad.
3. Freeze bones of roast meat or chicken to use in stocks. Or make it immediately and freeze in portions.
6. Get the last scrapings of honey from a glass jar by heating it in the microwave until the honey is runny.
7. Nuts, seeds, grains and flours stay fresher for longer when stored in the freezer.
8. Add a little vinegar to an almost empty tomato sauce or mustard bottle, shake it and use for marinades.
9. Strawberry hulls are delicious blended into smoothies.
10. Sour milk (as in expired milk) is great for making exceptionally fluffy flapjacks.
11. Pour hot milk into an empty Nutella bottle and shake it to make a delicious instant hot chocolate.
Do you throw out the tops and tails of your veg? Don’t! They can be transformed into pretty palatable treats and save you a few Randelas in the process. Read more here.