Looking for something a little different to add to your midweek rotation? This chicken stir-fry is served up with black rice and an omelette!
- 2 T Woolworths peanut or stir-fry oil, plus 1 t
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 t garlic, crushed
- 2 t ginger, crushed
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 3 free-range chicken breasts, chopped into 5 cm cubes
- 2 T Woolworths Asian gochujang paste
- 300 g Woolworths Thai black rice, cooked
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- For the omelette:
- 6 free-range eggs
- 2 t fish sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
1. Heat 2 T oil in a large pan or wok until smoking hot. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for 30 seconds.
2. Toss the chicken in the paste and fry until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Toss in the rice.
3. To make the omelette, whisk the eggs, fish sauce and vinegar. Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Pour in the mixture and cook over a medium heat until set. Turn over and cook for 30 seconds. Slide out onto a board or plate and slice into quarters. Serve with the chicken, garnished with the spring onion.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom