- For the pickle:
- 2 t sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 12 baby cucumbers, peeled
- pita breads, grilled, for serving
- seaweed salt, to taste
- microherbs, to garnish
- For the whipped tzatziki:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 T coriander, chopped
- 2 T dill, chopped
- 2 cups double-cream plain yoghurt
- 200 g Woolworths barrel-aged Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 cucumber
Place the sugar, salt and vinegar in a glass bowl. Add the baby cucumbers and cover. Place in the fridge for a day or, better still, overnight.
Beat the tzatziki ingredients, except the cucumber, together. Grate the cucumber, then place in a sieve over a bowl to drain the liquid. Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
Mix the grated cucumber into the tzatziki and add the juice to the pickling liquid.
Spread the whipped tzatziki onto a platter and top with the pickled cucumbers. Garnish with microherbs and season with seaweed salt.
Serve with pita breads.