- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 500 g Woolworths pork loin chops pack
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 400 g kidney beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400 g cannellini beans can, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 15 g fresh sage
- 1 cup Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 50 g butter
- lemon juice, for serving
- crusty bread, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Snip the fat on the chops at 1 cm intervals. Season the chops on both sides and fry for 10–15 minutes, or until golden and slightly crispy.
2. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, sauté the beans, garlic and sage in the pan juices.
3. Add the stock, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Once the beans and stock are slightly thickened, slice the pork chops and arrange in the pan. Squeeze over the lemon juice and season with black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Cook's note: You could serve this cheat’s cassoulet ladled into bowls and topped with shredded baby spinach. Allow the greens to wilt in the hot, brothy beans.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen