This recipe is a good way to use up those almost empty bottles of chilli sauce; you can mix whatever you have. I sometimes add cooked instant noodles. Use cabbage instead of Brussels sprouts if you prefer.
- For the marinade, mix:
- 2 T honey
- 2 T soya sauce
- 3 T Tabasco sauce
- 2 T sriracha sauce
- 1 t dried chilli flakes
- 2 T sunflower or peanut oil
- 700 g pork fillet
- 2 T sunflower oil
- 1 t ginger, crushed
- 1 t garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 300 g Brussels sprouts, blanched and chopped
1. Toss the pork in the marinade and marinate overnight or for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat 1 T oil in a large ovenproof pan and fry the pork over a high heat, then roast for 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Using the same pan, heat the remaining oil and add the remaining ingredients. Stir-fry for 4 minutes. Slice the pork and serve with the Brussels sprouts.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Production: Abigail Donnelly
Food Assistance: Bianca Strydom