- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for serving
- A few sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g green olives, stoned
- 700 g cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g fusilli pasta
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
Gently heat the olive oil with a sprig or two of rosemary, the crushed garlic and olives. Add the cauliflower and broccoli and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes until just cooked. Pour over the stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender. Season to taste.
Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, then mix with the vegetables and Parmesan. Pass around extra Parmesan and olive oil at the table.
Cook’s note: Glam up this dish by adding a few chopped anchovies or torn sliced chorizo.