- 1 x 500 g Woolworths New Zealand mussels packet (available at selected stores)
- 250 g farfalloni pasta
- 80 g cooked shelled prawns
- 80 g cooked calamari rings
- 50 g Woolworths lamb lettuce, baby butter lettuce and watercress salad mix
- 2 T olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- For the dressing, whisk:
- 85 ml mussel cooking liquid
- 85 ml good-quality, thick mayonnaise
- 85 ml olive oil
- 4 T lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Prepare the mussels according to the package instructions. Remove from the cooking liquid, reserving ⁄ cup for the dressing.
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Meanwhile, marinate the prawns and calamari in the dressing.
Mix the drained, warm pasta with the dressing, prawns and calamari. Mix the salad leaves with the olive oil and fold through the pasta and seafood mixture. Top with the mussels and drizzle over a little olive oil.
Cook’s note: Serve with a handful of steamed broad beans and asparagus tips if you like.