- 300 g firm tofu, drained, dried and cubed
- Cornflour, for dusting
- Peanut oil, to shallow-fry, plus 30ml (2T) extra peanut oil, to stir-fry
- 200 g slim asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 baby cabbages, shredded
- 100 g watercress
- A handful of sprouts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Brown rice, steamed, to serve
- For the dressing, mix together
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T rice vinegar
- 1 t garlic, crushed
- 1 t ginger, crushed
- ½ t chilli, crushed
Dust the tofu with the cornflour and shallowfry in hot oil until lightly browned. Remove and set aside, discarding the oil. Stir-fry the asparagus and onion in the extra peanut oil, adding a little more if necessary, until tender and crisp.
Stir in the cabbage and watercress, and stir-fry for a minute or two, until wilted. Pour over half the dressing and mix. Turn onto a platter and top with the tofu and sprouts. Spoon over the remaining dressing. Check seasoning. Serve with brown rice.
Cook’s tip: For bigger eaters, serve with pan-seared chicken fi llets.
Per side serving: 980kJ, 11.4g protein, 16.04g fat, 23.6g carbs